Worried that you might have a blocked drain in your home, or have you experienced one in the past and never want to deal with it again? The solutions are simple ones, and today the team at AC by J is here to help you identify the common warning signs of a blocked drain or drain line.
Looking for drain clog prevention, clog repair, or drain cleaning services in the Phoenix metro area? Contact AC by J for top-class plumbing services in Scottsdale, Mesa, Tempe, and the surrounding areas!
These 5 Signs Tell You When a Clog Is Forming
The real trouble with a clog, and something that most folks don’t realize, is that the majority of them are actually quite old. Clogs tend to happen over time and come as a result of compounding materials that result in a dense, stubborn clog. However because of this you actually have a fair bit of time to catch the issue early on. Provided you know what to look for!
- Slow drain times at multiple fixtures. When draining is slow at a single fixture, you know where the problem is. Slow or incomplete flush? Toilet. Sink backed up? There you have it. But when multiple fixtures all have trouble around the same time, you’ve got a line blockage that needs attention.
- Funky stenches. Hydrogen sulfide and other chemicals that come as a result of sewage have a very distinct and nasty odor. If you’re catching a whiff in your home, follow the smell and see if you can pinpoint a location. This is where your blockage is!
- Odd sounds from drains or fixtures. Gurgling and similar sounds happen when water flow is interrupted pretty much in any way. This is often one of the very first signs of a coming issue, and catching it in this stage will often save you a lot of stress and cost (not to mention cleaning).
- Malfunctioning fixtures. Every water fixture in your home can encounter drain clog and blockage issues, either on its own or as a part of the home sewer main. That means if the toilet is flushing poorly, the sink is making a weird noise, or the shower isn’t draining in a timely manner, you might be dealing with a blockage.
- Overflows. Have you ever flushed a toilet and had the shower start overflowing with drained water? Not only is this problem kind of gross and quite annoying, it’s also a sure sign of a clog or worse!
What to Do In a Sewer Line Emergency
Is your home already getting flooded with sewer water backing up through fixtures and drains? If so, it’s best to shut off your water main right away! This will reduce the amount of mess flowing into your home and allows you the chance to call in a professional plumber to get the issue addressed. Not sure where your water main is? We can tell you.
Drain Clog and Sewer Line Repair in Phoenix, AZ
For superior plumbing services including drain line repair, clog repair, and even more, you can always trust AC by J to provide. Any time you’ve got a problem, large or small, give us a call at 602-842-6742 for prompt and friendly service that will get the job handled right!