The right knowledge can help you take control of your plumbing and save money at the same time. At AC by J, we want to arm you with that knowledge, because we believe knowledge is power. With the statistics compiled below, you can learn more about how your plumbing works and how you can tell if it’s efficient.
If you have a concern about your plumbing, we’re here to help. AC by J isn’t just an air conditioning service provider. We offer services for plumbing and more. Contact us online or by calling (602) 842-6742.
Plumbing Statistics for Scottsdale-Area Homes
So what statistics help area homeowners make better use of their plumbing? Consider these:
- The average person uses between 80 and 100 gallons of water daily. This means the average family in America uses around 400 gallons of water a day.
- A running toilet that’s not properly repaired wastes as much as 200 gallons of water daily.
- Small plumbing leaks, which can use up to 90 gallons of water every day, are present in 10% of homes.
- This adds up to 1 trillion gallons of water wasted every year in the country.
- If you have an older toilet, you’re using up to 7 gallons of water per flush, compared to 1.6 gallons for modern eco-friendly models. Talk to us about toilet replacement!
- Leaving the water running in your sink uses 2 gallons of water a minute. Your shower uses about 2.5 gallons of water a minute.
- The average family can save 13,000 gallons of water a year by replacing toilets with more efficient options and 2,700 gallons per year by replacing showerheads.
Do you want to save money and water at home? Reach out to AC by J to learn what you can do to make your home more water-savvy.
Plumbing Statistics Outside of the Home
Not only are the statistics in your home important, but you can also learn much about water and your use of it by looking at some statistics from around the country and the world. Consider these:
- There’s a lot of water in the world, but only 3% of that water is fresh water, and only 0.5% of the water is available to use.
- The United States has around 480,600 plumbers currently working in the country, and the job is expected to grow by 15.6% by 2026
- Agriculture is responsible for 70% of the world’s water usage.
Debunked Plumbing Myths That Cost You Money
- A slow-dripping faucet won’t affect your water bill.
- It’s safe to use chemicals drain cleaners to clear a clog.
- It’s okay to use a plunger to unclog a sink.
- Flushable wipes are safe to flush down the toilet.
These plumbing myths only scratch the surface! If you have a question, give our Scottsdale plumbers a call!
Get Skilled Plumbing Help from AC by J in Scottsdale, Peoria, and Paradise Valley
Whether you need a leaky pipe fixed, want a new shower head or faucet, or have a drain that needs cleaning, the right plumber is essential. AC by J has a comprehensive list of plumbing repair and plumbing maintenance services, and we are standing by for your call. Our trustworthy, licensed plumbing professionals will help you get to the bottom of your problem, so you can enjoy functional plumbing again and put a stop to wasted water.
Schedule plumbing service in Scottsdale and the surrounding Arizona communities. Call (602) 842-6742 or contact us online for help today.