How much water do you use in a day? Is your plumbing efficient? Are leaky faucets just a fact of life? We all have questions about plumbing—for some of you out there, it might be “How the heck does it work?!” While there’s no such thing as a dumb question, some answers are more important than others! That’s why our experts at AC by J have compiled this easy list of useful plumbing statistics that you need to know!
Do you have a concern about your home plumbing? Looking for professional-grade plumbing services in the Phoenix area? AC by J is ready to answer your call! Contact us by phone or online.
Important Plumbing Statistics (And Why They’re Important)
- On average each home uses 50-70 gallons of water a day. It’s a considerable chunk of water routinely being used by each home. The statistic shows that conservation is a pretty big deal, both for saving you cash and for helping our environment maintain itself.
- Of those gallons the majority is from toilet flushes—weighing in at around 20 gallons. An excellent argument for low-flow toilet installation if there ever was one. It’s hard to really minimize toilet use, so an efficient fixture is that much more important.
- 78% of all toilet failures were caused by faulty supply lines, toilet flanges, fill valve assemblies, or toilets that have backed up and overflowed (from the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety). We’ve been asked many times in the past if plumbing maintenance is actually important. This is the kind of stuff that makes it obvious!
- Installing high-efficiency plumbing fixtures and keeping up with maintenance can help you reduce water consumption by up to 35% or more. Low-flow toilets, tankless water heaters, high quality washing machines and ENERGY STAR® rated washing machines can all help you keep your use down!
- 10% of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more per day (from the EPA). Leak detection and routine maintenance play a big part in keeping your home safe from water damage and reducing water waste. 10% might not sound like many, but how many homes or apartments are on your block? 50? 100? That means 5 or ten homes near you likely have leaks they don’t know about right now.
- A shower head leaking at 10 drips per minute wastes more than 500 gallons per year (from the EPA). Stop putting off plumbing repairs! The problem might seem small, but months or years can turn a small number into a massive one without you noticing.
Superior Plumbing Services in Phoenix, AZ
Your best friend in meeting all of your plumbing needs, AC by J is here to help you reduce your water use and water waste. Whether you need small leak repairs, complete new plumbing fixture installation, or are seeking professionals that can handle your routine plumbing maintenance and inspection needs, we are the certified and licensed pros near you in Phoenix and the surrounding areas.
Contact us online to learn more, or to set a date for service please call 602-266-3678!