Have you ever checked your home’s water heater to see if it’s functioning properly and efficiently? Most Americans take a shower or warm bath for granted but it’s important to realize that up to 20 percent of a home’s annual energy cost come from water heater cost. This makes it the 2nd largest energy expense in the house, according to the United States Department of Energy, averaging around four hundred to six hundred dollars annually.
Choosing between a water heater replacement or repair will affect your water heating bill. Having trouble with your water heater and not quite sure if you need a simple repair or a full-on replacement? AC by J is here to help you decide. Although your water heater is often out of sight, out of mind, we use hot water for nearly everything—from cooking and cleaning to personal hygiene. So when your water heater starts acting up, you know you have a problem on your hands. You need to determine between water heater replacement and repair—and stat—or you might find yourself inconvenienced in your own home.
Need plumbing services from the experts at AC by J? Contact us right away to schedule your appointment for water heater replacement or repair in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, and surrounding areas!
How to Decide Between Water Heater Replacement & Repair
If you’re trying to decide between calling AC by J for water heater repair or replacement, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list of warning signs that indicate which service is recommended for your Phoenix area home’s water heater.
When to Repair Your Water Heater
Water heater repair is usually the go-to option when you’re having trouble with your system. Why? Because it tends to be quicker, less costly, and much of the time, it’s simply all you need. There’s no point in replacing a perfectly good system if a small fix is all it needs! We recommend scheduling water heater repair if:
- You’ve noticed a decline in hot water. Hot water is a necessity in all households—especially in the morning when everyone is showering before work and school. And there’s nothing worse than putting shampoo in your hair just as the water decides to turn freezing cold! If your water heater isn’t maintaining hot water at the level that it used to, it might be time call in a plumbing expert.
- Your water no longer gets hot. Is it taking longer than normal for the kitchen sink water to get hot? What about your showers? Maybe your water won’t reach above a lukewarm temperature. If that’s the case, you’re probably frustrated with your home’s water heater. But it’s nothing that can’t be resolved with AC by J.
- You’ve noticed discolored water. If the water coming out of your faucets has a reddish-brown hue to it, you may have corrosion or excess sediment built up in the tank. Discolored water should be addressed immediately! If unattended to, the corrosion could eventually lead to needing a water heater replacement.
- Your water heater is leaking. One of the most common problems we’re called about, tank leaks are generally due to failing components in the tank, sediment buildup, or an accumulation of rust. A call to a professional plumbing company get ensure your water heater is up and running at full capacity in no time.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
You might think that repair is always the preferred option when your water heating begins acting up. And while repair is usually a great option, there are times when a replacement makes more sense. We recommend scheduling water heater replacement if:
- Frequent repairs haven’t helped. Calling in for an infrequent water heater repair is usually cheaper. But if you find yourself calling in professional for frequent repairs—yearly, twice a year, or more!—the cost of repair is going to quickly far outweigh replacing your Phoenix home’s water heater.
- Your system has reached its life expectancy. Gas water heaters tend to last 10 years, while tankless water heaters can last an upwards of 20 years. If your water heater is nearing the end of its life, it’s time to consider replacement. Think about it this way—would you put a new engine in a car that’s already surpassed its life expectancy? It’s likely that your system wouldn’t be operating at peak efficiency—costing you money.
- The repair you need is costly. Depending on the problem you’re experience, it’s a known fact that there are some types of repairs that will just cost entirely too much. In these cases, it’s a good idea to speak with a plumbing specialist from AC by J about the benefits of a water heater replacement. Our experts can help you weigh your options and make the right choice based on your particular needs.
Have you experienced any of these problems with your water heater? If so, AC by J is the company to call for water heater repair or replacement in Phoenix, AZ and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at 602-266-3678.
Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Phoenix, Arizona
When it comes to water heater services, you want to be taken care of as fast as possible. We get it—and that’s AC by J makes it our top priority to take care of your water heater repair or replacement quickly and efficiently. You should never feel inconvenienced in your own home, which is why our team will do our best to get your home back to normal in no time! Whether you need assistance with a tankless water heater, gas water heater, or electric water heater, we can help.
If you have any plumbing issues, let AC by J help! Plumbing customers get the same three hours or it’s FREE response time guarantee for emergencies that our HVAC customers get. Be sure to tell us that this blog post brought you to our company for $100.00 OFF any plumbing service!
Whether you’ve decided on water heater repair or water heater replacement, AC by J is just a call or click away. If you’re located Phoenix, Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Paradise Valley, or the surrounding areas, contact us online or at 602-266-3678.